EBA is hiring Executive Director
Because our current EBA Executive Director will retire in May 2015, we are looking for a successor. Linked is the full job description and person specification.
The Executive Director’s key goals are:
- Representing EBA in contact with other organisations and the EU institutions (Commission, Parliament, Council etc)
- Contributing to EBA strategy and policies in close collaboration with the President and Executive of EBA
- Developing an agreed and prioritised list of activities and seeking efficient means for their implementation in collaboration with the President
- Building organisational capability and capacity, and supporting the membership
- Operating effectively in a highly regulated environment
- Managing the EBA office/secretariat, and supervising staff.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate achievements in leadership and in the ability to build organisational capacity for a membership organisation, and in one of the two following criteria:
- Content knowledge of blood banking;
- and/or a track record of networking and interacting with EU bodies and above all, being able to demonstrate influence and tangible results.
Additional areas of expertise are as follows:
- Able to work independently and target driven
- Readiness to take the initiative, whilst maintaining close liaison with the President and Executive
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written, needed for networking, lobbying and liaising with member states and (global) organisations and in writing articles for EBA
- Sensitivity to cultural differences between European countries
- Fluency in spoken and written English essential; knowledge of French and/or German an advantage
- Alert to changes and developments in the blood services and transfusion field and ability to incorporate these in the strategy and EBA Membership.
- The EBA office is located in Amsterdam; candidates must live within reasonable commuting distance or willing to move there. Frequent presence in Brussels will be necessary, as is frequent travel – mostly within Europe.
- The appointment is for four years, with an option to extend for an indeterminate period by mutual agreement. Starting date as soon as possible.
- Salary range: 80 – 90.000 €/year plus 10.000 cost reimbursement; more may be available for candidates with an exceptional fit with the person specifications
- The closing date for applications is June 6th. Interview date in Amsterdam is June 25th, 2014
- For further information and application please contact Prof. Philippe Vandekerckhove, EBA President, on +32 15 44 33 86 or email@example.com